EMERGENCY VISITS ONLY FROM 8/3/21
The outreach team will still be doing the majority of our work from home, until Easter at the earliest. We will be supporting schools through;
- Email advice
- Telephone advice
- Video calls using Zoom or Teams
- Regular updates to the resources on this website
- Visits to schools only for emergency cases (serious risk of exclusion and/or placement breakdown).
Our aim is to support pupils with Autism and related difficulties within their school setting.
We will observe the pupil in class and then advise staff on autism specific strategies.
Parents are welcome to attend that feedback session. We cannot offer home visits, as we are a service for schools, but we can offer telephone or email advice directly to parents. Please see the 'contact us' section for details.
Formal referrals are made through the School that the child attends. Parents and others who wish for the service to be provided for a child should approach the child's school and ask them to make the request.
There is usually a reasonably long list of children waiting to be seen - we are working to be able to reduce this and will be out to see pupils as soon as possible after referral.
A referral can be made by:
1. Printing out and completing the referral form before sending it to us at Outreach Team, Freemantles School, Smarts Heath Road, Woking, GU22 0AN.
2. Downloading the form, completing it and emailing it through Egress to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Freemantles team support primary schools in the West of Surrey. Please see the links below for the other three outreach teams. Please note that our borders are not the same as the four Surrey quadrants. Feel free to get in contact if you are not sure which area your school would fall into.
If you would like support with general learning needs (including dyslexia and dyscalculia), the Inclusion Outreach service may be the more appropriate service to take your referral.
Click here for the leaflet